The 10 Things You Don't Need to Learn the Hard Way. Read it so you don't have to weep later :(
2) Don't rely solely on your study group to fill in the gaps. You need to devote some time to studying on your own.
3) Don't waste time learning definitions and flipping through flashcards. Save that for a few weeks prior to the test.
4) Don't fill your study group with people with the same skills and knowledge areas. Try to build a group with people who have different skills and strengths.
5) Don't get hung up trying to understand one topic thoroughly. There are a few core topics you have to know expertly, so know what they are!
7) Don't spend too much time mastering Derivatives and Alternative Investments. You don't need to.
8) Don't underestimate Ethical and Professional Standards. This section can make or break you.
9) Don't be afraid to self-test through the study process. Failing a question makes you learn since your brain will learn best through the shock of failure or through repetition.
10) Don't be afraid to skip around in the CFA curriculum. The way the curriculum is laid out does not lend itself to revealing the many links between all of the topics presented in the Learning Outcome Statements.