Lee Kuan Yew (LKY) School of Public Policy was established in 2004 in partnership with Harvard Kennedy School, which is a part of National University of Singapore which ranked amongst top 3 universities of Asia. LKY School is offering fellowships for which applicants from Pakistan are also encouraged to apply. The details are as under:
LKY’s Target Applicants and Selection:
· Students who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and move on to leadership positions around the world.
· This year LKY has admitted a high profile classroom of officers from:
- the Indian Administrative Service,
- Board of Revenue, Pakistan,
- Ministry of Commerce, Thailand,
- the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of China and Vietnam,
- an Executive Director of Greenpeace, SE Asia,
- a Supreme Court Judge from the Philippines.
· For detailed information click http://www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/MPM_Admissions.aspx
· One (01) years Master in Public Management (MPM) for the academic year starting in January, 2012.
· a unique opportunity to Public sector officers from Asia to study one semester at LKY School and second at Harvard Kennedy School, USA.
· opportunity of attachment with Singapore Government Ministry or Statutory Board, which deepen candidate’s understanding of policy making and implementation in Singapore and encourage reflection on its relevance to their own country.
· public sector officials an unparalleled opportunity for networking with their Asian counterparts who are being groomed as future leaders in their countries.
· Value of Fellowship:
o The fellowship is valued at USD 100,000/- which makes it one of the most generous fellowship, globally.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria is mentioned in the LKY School’s website (http://www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/MPM_Admissions.aspx). The basic eligibility criteria is mentions as under:
· Likely to be between 35 to 45 years old.
· 4 years Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
· Preferably have some background in Mathematics and Economics.
· Valid IELTS / TOEFL proof (with scores as available on the school’s website, may be provided / submitted later).
· 12 years of work experience and a proven trajectory in positions of leadership, high-level decision making, and a strong commitment to public service.
· Show a genuine interest in governance, and be able or likely to fill a future position in government.
· Be of good personal character.
· Meeting the MPM Admission requirements of Singapore National University (as mentioned on university’s website).
How To Apply:
Applicants are required to first read / go through all the details of MPM program, mentioned on the LKY School’s website above:
1. Fill LKY School’s Online application form from
· For MPM (http://www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/MPM_Application.aspx#online)
2. Fill all the columns / fields of LKY School’s Online Application form. Forms which are not properly fulfilled will not be entertained.
3. Don’t forget to properly submit the Online Application Form.
4. Takeout the print of Online Application Form and Financial Aid Form, fill it properly.
5. Fill HEC Application Form
· HEC Application form for MPM (Click here to download)
6. Applicants are required to send only One (1) copy of each HEC Application form and LKY Online application form + Financial Aid Form.
Attach following documents with both LKY Online Application form Only:
· Attested copies of Transcripts, Degrees, Certificates attested from IBCC and HEC
· Attach all the forms and documents, as mentioned on the website of LKY school (see point number 1)
7. Applications which are not containing any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned on LKY School’s website will not be entertained. Those applicants, who do not have any of the documents, should NOT apply in this scholarship scheme.
Note: HEC is only facilitating in the processing of the said scholarship and has no financial liability in this regard.
Where to Send Application:
Applicants are required to send their application package alongwith all the documents mentioned above to the following address before 31-05-2011.
Asif Kaleem Malik
Project Manager (FFSP/Singapore)
Higher Education Commission,